Viewing entries from category: Mocks
Section A: Poems from Different Cultures
What you did well:
- Wrote about two poems
- Used quotations well
- Began to use poetic terminology
- Showed an understanding of feelings, attitudes and ideas
- Started to use some cross reference between poems
- Showed some understanding of a variety of poetic techniques and the ways they related to the focus of the question
What you need to improve:
- Integrate brief cross reference between the two poems throughout your essay – don’t just compare them at the end
- Use poetic terminology much more, e.g....
How to Revise Poems from Different Cultures (Section A)
A quick reminder:
- You will have 45 mins to compare the way a specified theme /ideas /title /poetic and literary techniques /methods is/are used in two poems. One poem will be named in the question, and you have to select the second poem. Remember you will have a blank and unannotated copy of the Anthology in the exam, so you must learn your notes well, as well as having your own ideas about the poems and being flexible enough to adapt to the demands of the question and to any ideas...
If you would like more information about EnglishEdu, get in touch using the contact details below.
Kind regards, Richard Gent
[telephone] 01604 847689
[fax] 01604 843220